Business Development Manager (m/f/d)
Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org
The Business Development Manager will establish and maintain relationships with GLEIF’s public and private sector stakeholder groups, as well as organizations involved in GLEIF’s business development initiatives. The Business Development Manager will work with the global Head of Business Operations to develop the function and will act as a liaison to other GLEIF business units as required to enable this function.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for managing the engagement with targeted US financial institutions, predominantly commercial banks, required to establish and onboard these institutions to register LEIs for their potential and existing legal entity clients according to the GLEIS 2.0 strategy. The Business Development Manager will work with a Project Manager to plan and execute the successful onboarding and commencement of operations of these financial institutions. The Business Development Manager also may participate in the management of the stakeholder group of these financial institutions to facilitate the execution of the GLEIS 2.0 strategy.
The GLEIS 2.0 strategy seeks to change the LEI registration and issuance business model from the fee paid by the LEI registrants to a zero fee paid by registrants model. The strategy seeks to leverage the validation required to be performed by these financial institutions as part of the Know Your Customer (KYC) process when onboarding clients and maintaining business relationships with clients.
We seek a business-oriented individual with experience working in an international environment and managing relations with a diverse group of organizations.
GLEIS 2.0 business development and execution
- Establish and maintain key contact lists of the targeted US financial institutions
- Act as the primary interface between the targeted US financial institutions and GLEIF
- Make presentations and arrange and manage follow up calls and meetings necessary to engage with targeted US financial institutions
- Engage the Project Manager to draft and manage project plans for the successful onboarding and commencement of operations of these financial institutions
- Prepare regular status reports and metrics regarding the engagement of financial institutions implementing the GLEIS - 2.0 strategy for the Managing Director, GLEIF US Office, Head of Business Operations and GLEIF CEO
- Manage the GLEIF communications with external parties including meetings and presentations at related conferences
- Monitor relevant legal or political trends for the business development initiatives
Strategic Thinking & Leadership
- Collaborate with other business operations team members and other GLEIF business units to assist the development of the monitoring and oversight program for business accounts
- Contribute to the continuing improvement of documents and standards governing the GLEIF’s relationships through best practice recommendations
- Implement plans for business development initiatives along GLEIF’s growth strategy
Experience and competencies for success
- Experience in an international and/or multi-cultural organizations
- Familiarity with the operational and organizational environment of financial institutions
- Strong self-starter skills with at least 5+ years of experience in a similar sales and, account management or relationship management function
- University or accredited degree in finance, economics, and/or business with focus on applied digital technologies highly preferred
- Exceptional personal skills including social competency, strong teamwork skills and cross-functional communication ability
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, energetic and able to work in a dynamic team work environment
- Fluent spoken and written English. Additional language proficiency is a plus
|Department:||GLEIF US Office (being founded by April 1st)|
|Reports into:||Managing Director, GLEIF US Office, dotted line to Head of Business Operations|
|Location:||New Jersey, U.S.A.|
All foreign applicants from outside must have a VISA to work in the U.S.A.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated new team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system. Compensation and benefits will be of course adequate to the position.
In addition, we offer:
- Multicultural organization
- Flexible working hours
- Open office space that facilitates & encourages collaboration; headphones allowed
- iMac workstation; custom Keyboard if required
- Company iPhone & Macbook
We look forward to your application. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest to email@example.com.