Transition from LEI-CDF 1.0 to LEI-CDF 2.1
The business card information available with the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) reference data, e.g. the official name of a legal entity and its registered address, is referred to as ‘Level 1’ data. It provides the answer to the question of ‘who is who’.
Daily reporting of LEI and legal entity reference data is conducted by the LEI issuing organizations using the Common Data File (CDF) formats. The reporting of Level 1 data is based on the LEI-CDF format.
GLEIF currently makes available Concatenated Files that contain, respectively, Level 1 data based on the LEI-CDF format version 1.0 and the LEI-CDF format version 2.1.
- Level 1 LEI-CDF Version 1.0 Concatenated File: GLEIF has published the Level 1 LEI-CDF Version 1.0 Concatenated File since 8 June 2015. It contains the Level 1 data, i.e. LEI records and related reference data that provide information on who is who, for the complete LEI population based on version 1.0 of the LEI-CDF format. This is the authoritative source on Level 1 data.
- Level 1 LEI-CDF Version 2.1 Concatenated File: GLEIF published the first Level 1 LEI-CDF Version 2.1 Concatenated File on 8 May 2017. It contains Level 1 data based on version 2.1 of the LEI-CDF format as made available by LEI issuers that have achieved LEI-CDF version 2.1 capability. This means: The Level 1 LEI-CDF Version 2.1 Concatenated File does not currently cover the complete LEI population. It is published to give LEI data users a preview of how Level 1 data is reported based on version 2.1 of the LEI-CDF format.
In a next step, GLEIF, together with the LEI Regulatory Oversight Committee, will determine the date when all LEI issuers must provide Level 1 data based on the LEI-CDF format version 2.1 without exception. From that date onwards, i.e. when the Level 1 LEI-CDF Version 2.1 Concatenated File will provide the information for the complete LEI population, it will become the authoritative source on Level 1 data.
GLEIF will however, continue to make available both the Level 1 LEI-CDF Version 1.0 and the Level 1 LEI-CDF Version 2.1 Concatenated File for a transitional period of one year until 1 May 2018. This allows the users of LEI data sufficient lead time to adapt processes and operations in line with the LEI-CDF format version 2.1.
The following GLEIF services will continue to be based on the LEI-CDF format version 1.0 for the time being:
GLEIF will communicate in due course when these services will be adapted in line with the LEI-CDF format version 2.1.
Please address questions on the transition from LEI-CDF format version 1.0 to the LEI-CDF format version 2.1 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How an LEI can help your business get fit for the future
- Improved risk management.
- Increased operational efficiency.
- More accurate calculation of exposures.
- Simplified regulatory reporting.
- Ensured counterparties for any business process.
- Unique counterparty identification globally.
Follow five easy steps to apply for an LEI number
- Review your LEI requirements.
- Explore your LEI issuer's website of choice.
- Provide your 'business card' information.
- Verify and submit your LEI request.
- Make payment.