Project Manager (m/f/d)
Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org
The Project Manager is responsible for the careful planning and execution of projects for GLEIF, initially focused on the onboarding of targeted financial instituions to execute the GLEIS 2.0 strategy. The Project Manager will work as a team with the Business Development Manager to deliver on this strategy.
The GLEIS 2.0 strategy seeks to change the LEI registration and issuance business model from the fee paid by the LEI registrants to a zero fee paid by registrants model. The strategy seeks to leverage the validation required to be performed by these financial institutions as part of the Know Your Customer (KYC) process when onboarding clients and maintaining business relationships with clients.
- Acquire project order
- Set project goals
- Organizational design of the project
- Planning of project performance, deadlines, resources, costs, finances and budget
- Task, competence and responsibility distribution
- Coordinate internal resources for the successful execution of strategy projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Prepare, along with the Business Development Manager for the GLEIS 2.0 efforts, regular status reports and metrics regarding the engagement of financial institutions implementing the GLEIS 2.0 strategy for the Managing Director , GLEIF US Office, GLEIF Business Operations and GLEIF CEO
- Provide project oversight to ensure all project management processes are followed
- Develop milestone plans and intermediate goals, plan costs and determine the need for resources and capacities
- Identify implementation risks or problems early, and develop targeted measures to ensure successful and timely project execution
- Ensure quality standards are met, including regular reporting and project documentation
Experience and competencies for success
- Degree in economics, applied computer science or similar with a focus on project management or supply chain management
- Knowledge of project management concepts PRINCE2 and/or Agile
- Experience in an international and/or multi-cultural organization
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar function with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Project management certificates a plus
- Good leadership, coordination, communication, conflict and stakeholder management skills including social competency
- Fluent spoken and written English (native speaker or equivalent)
|Department:||GLEIF US Office (being founded by April 1st)|
|Reports into:||Managing Director, GLEIF US Office|
|Location:||New Jersey, U.S.A.|
All foreign applicants from outside must have a VISA to work in the U.S.A.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated new team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system. Compensation and benefits will be of course adequate to the position.
In addition, we offer:
- Multicultural organization
- Flexible working hours
- Open office space that facilitates & encourages collaboration; headphones allowed
- iMac workstation; custom Keyboard if required
- Company iPhone & Macbook
We look forward to your application. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest to email@example.com.