Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org
The Accreditation & Audit Services function is overall responsible for all aspects of GLEIF's accreditation of LEI issuing organizations program and the execution of audits as approved by the Board's Audit and Finance Committee.
The Accreditation & Audit Specialist is responsible for performing accreditations for new and renewed applicants and monitoring the compliance of all accredited LEI issuing organizations (Local Operating Units – LOUs) with the terms set forth in the Master Agreement. You will be managing and/or conducting both internal and external projects relating to the review and testing of internal controls at LOUs pertaining to LEI applications as well as IT and operational controls.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, multi-cultural team environment.
- Assisting international clients in submitting required documentation controls assessments
- Organizing and tracking technical documentation from receipt to completion
- Reviewing documentation for completeness and evaluating compliance with internal control requirements
- Drafting Accreditation compliance result reports
- Participating in the conduct of internal audits as required
- Drafting audit reports highlighting issues and providing potential solutions
- Performing compliance reviews and research regarding ISO 20000 and other control models
- Performing various quantitative analyses using financial statements and other sources of financial information
Experience and competencies for success
- University degree in Information Technology, Economics or MIS – advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience participating in a variety of audit types with a diverse client mix – hands-on experience in government and/or not-for-profit highly desirable
- At least one of the following designations: CPA/CA/CIA/CISA/CFE – GLEIF is willing to support obtaining/sustaining professional designations on a case by case basis
- Solid understanding and knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and ability to understand and utilize financial statement data desirable
- Knowledge of ISO 20000, ISO 19011, NIST, CoBIT, COSO standards
- Working knowledge of risk management techniques and processes desirable
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of multinational clients and manage expectations
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a positive, cooperative attitude
- Superior ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines with minimal direct supervision
- Fluent spoken and written English, business level written and spoken German desirable – further language skills a plus
Business travel (approximately 10-15%) which will be requested with reasonable notice may be required. Thus, the ability to travel without restriction within and outside the EU and flexibility regarding work schedules is critical to success in the position.
|Reports into:||General Counsel|
All foreign applicants from outside the EU must have a valid work permit to work in Germany.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated new team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system. Compensation and benefits will be of course adequate to the position.
We look forward to your application. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.