Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org
We seek an individual with the ambition and skills to assist in the creation of a successful, high quality finance function and the willingness to grow within the team and the organization as a whole.
The Controller is primarily responsible for day-to-day controlling tasks including, but not limited to, management reporting, budget/forecast/controlling and financial analyses. Moreover, he/she will assist other team members and the department head where applicable.
- Manage the day-to-day Controlling activities, including Management Reporting, Budget/Forecast/Controlling, and Financial Analysis
- Communicate financial performance and forecasts on a monthly basis in a concise and comprehensive manner
- Provide financial analyses on ad-hoc projects as designated by management
- Responsible for payroll accounting, controlling and labor cost planning
- Proactively apprise the department Head of issues/concerns regarding financial and/or operational matters
- Ensure that all necessary internal controls are developed and included in policies and procedures and that they are performed properly
- Provide support during external and internal audits
- Deputize for team members during absence
- Potential additional responsibilities in related fields, such as Risk Management & Risk Control, Treasury activities, Financial Accounting, and Facility/Premises Management
Experience and competencies for success
- University degree in Accounting/Finance/Controlling; professional additional qualifications (CA/CPA or equivalent) advantageous
- At least 3+ years of experience in similar functions within a multi-national, multi-cultural corporation
- Strong Controlling skills as well as knowledge of IFRS and local Swiss GAAP
- Strong experience in preparing high quality presentations and reports on quantitative information/analysis to Executive Management and Board of Directors
- Previous experience with Diamant (for enterprises: ERP and Financial Statements) an advantage
- Work experience in one or more of the following areas beneficial: Risk Management/Risk Control, Treasury, Facilities & Premises Management (insurance, contract terms, landlord management), and Financial Accounting
- Mature personality, able to partner with key stakeholders and provide constructive challenge and influence
- Detail/task oriented, being used to work with tight deadlines
- Strong cross-functional communication and people skills as well as social competency
- Confident in using the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Organized, fast learner with high energy and engagement – both inside and outside of normal business hours
- Fluent spoken and written English
||Finance & Business Administration
||Head of Finance & Business Administration
All foreign applicants from outside the EU must have a valid work permit to work in Germany.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated new team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system. Compensation and benefits will be of course adequate to the position. We look forward to your application. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest to email@example.com.
How an LEI can help your business get fit for the future
- Improved risk management.
- Increased operational efficiency.
- More accurate calculation of exposures.
- Simplified regulatory reporting.
- Ensured counterparties for any business process.
- Unique counterparty identification globally.
Follow five easy steps to apply for an LEI number
- Review your LEI requirements.
- Explore your LEI issuer's website of choice.
- Provide your 'business card' information.
- Verify and submit your LEI request.
- Make payment.