1st Level Desktop Support – Part time (Student) (m/f/d)
Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org
The 1st Level Desktop Support will provide hands-on, hardware and software support to the GLEIF internal users. The individual will be responsible for trouble shooting end-user computer issues, in line with GLEIF policies and procedures. The 1st Level Desktop Support will stand in for the Intranet Administrator and will take care of end-user requests. The individual will also be responsible for the quality, scope, effort, and timeliness of mentioned requests. We seek an individual to work part time, around 20 hours, 3 times a week and with an ambition and skill to work in a highly motivated team.
- Provide direct technical support to internal end-users (50+)
- Trouble shooting minor hardware/software issues, including MacOS,
- Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Communication applications
- Audio/Video settings, adjusting/replacing cables, etc.
- Basic network issues: LAN, WLAN, VPN, testing connectivity, cables etc.
- Assist with setting up/moving workstations/adjusting table heights
- Assist with setting up external monitors, headsets, web cameras
- Configuring/transferring user profiles and personal settings for business applications
Browser, Email, Telephone, Chat, etc.
- Minor business application issues such as resolving minor printer issues, paper jams, replacing toner
- Setting up and configuring mobile devices for end-users
- Taking equipment to service provider for hardware replacement
- Must be able to do some light lifting of IT equipment and workstations
- Work in compliance with all GLEIF and other relevant IT policies and processes, where applicable
- Stand in for the Intranet Administrator
Experience and competencies for success
- Registered student in the field of business informatics, computer science or an equivalent degree
- Advanced basic knowledge of IT systems
- Desire in learning and/or expanding knowledge on Mac and Windows Operating Systems and applications
- Willing to provide hands-on support
- Team spirit and excellent communication skills
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic work environment
- Fluent spoken and written English
|Department:||IT Development & Operations|
|Reports into:||Head of IT Development & Operations|
All foreign applicants from outside the EU must have a valid work permit to work in Germany.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to get a first impression, in our IT department, on the transparency of the financial services and other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join and support a highly motivated team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system.
We look forward to your application. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.