IT System Administrator / DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org
The System Administrator/ DevOps Engineer will, in a team, operate and support the GLEIF server environment and network infrastructure in line with GLEIF policies and procedures. He will stand in for the Intranet Administrator and will support the corporate IT in this role. He will be responsible for the quality, scope, effort and timeliness of provided services.
The System Administrator/DevOps Engineer will apply his deep technical expertise to solve on-premise and cloud-based solutions at scale. He will guide through transforming projects with the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions. We seek an individual with the ambition and skill, to work in a highly motivated team.
- Manage, improve and support an Infrastructure as Code mindset
- Design, develop and integrate features & automation to our systems
- Maintain, troubleshoot and monitor our on-premise and/or cloud services
- Investigation and troubleshooting technical issues
- Create and maintain documentation around operational and architectural aspects
- Develop IT utilities in cooperation with the Head of IT Development & Operations, the GLEIF team and related external partners
- Ensure and maintain IT security of GLEIF systems
Experience and competencies for success
- 3+ years of Linux experience and server virtualization
- 1+ years experience with cloud environment (Azure and/or AWS)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies
- Hands-on experience of programming in languages such as Python, php or similar
- Experience developing CI/CD workflows and tools, such Gitlab or similar
- Knowledge of configuration management systems, such as Ansible or related systems
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology
- University degree in Computer Science or similar preferred
Fluent spoken and written English
- Exposure to highly available, distributed, data-centric systems
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform/Terragrunt or similar tools
- Experience with automating on-premise and cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as ELK/EFK/Prometheus/Grafana
- Knowledge of security principles and best practices
|Department:||IT Development & Operations|
|Reports into:||Head of IT Development & Operations|
All foreign applicants from outside the EU must have a valid work permit to work in Germany.
What we offer
This is an opportunity, to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system. Compensation and benefits will be of course adequate to the position.
In addition, we provide
- Professional development
- Join and work with us in a flexible and mobile working environment
- Multicultural organization with the office directly in the city center of Frankfurt
- Open office space that facilitates & encourages collaboration; headphones allowed
- Beverages & fresh fruit
- Subsidized gym membership
- iMac workstation with 2 displays; custom keyboard if required
- Company iPhone & Macbook
We look forward to your application. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.