Legal Counsel – Syndikusrechtsanwalt (m/f/d)
Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org
The office of the General Counsel is responsible for all Legal, Compliance and HR related affairs of the foundation. The Legal Counsel will support and advise the management and the various departments in all legal matters.
We are looking for a committed person with a performance-oriented and self-reliant work style. Flexibility, social skills and the desire to help shape internal legal advice in a small, experienced in-house team round off the profile.
- Support and practice-oriented advice to the other departments in all national and international legal affairs, in particular with regard to commercial law, IT law and contract law issues
- Independent drafting, review and negotiation of contracts
- Occasional collaboration in interdisciplinary projects
- Cooperation with external legal advisors
- Monitoring of current legislative procedures and contribute to GLEIF’s worldwide LEI promotion activities
Experience and competencies for success
- German Bar Exam (Volljurist/in) or comparable degree from a Swiss university
- At least 3+ years of experience in an international company, ideally in the financial or technology sector or with data vendor
- Knowledge of Foundation or Competition or Labor Law is an advantage
- LLM is a plus
- Exceptional personal skills including social competency, strong teamwork skills and cross-functional communication ability
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills
- Enjoyment of a broad international spectrum of tasks and interdisciplinary and independent work
- Ability to develop targeted and advantageous solutions to complex problems
- Fluent spoken and written English
|Reports into:||General Counsel|
All foreign applicants from outside the EU must have a valid work permit to work in Germany.
What we offer
This is an opportunity, to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated new team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system. Compensation and benefits will be of course adequate to the position.
In addition, we offer
- Professional development
- Flexible working hours
- Home office possible
- Multicultural organization with the office directly in the city center of Frankfurt
- Open office space that facilitates & encourages collaboration; headphones allowed
- Beverages & Fresh fruit
- Subsidized gym membership
- iMac workstation with 2 displays; custom Keyboard if required
- Company iPhone & Macbook
- Casual get-togethers on sunny Friday afternoons on our spacious terrace
We look forward to your application. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest to email@example.com.