Senior PHP / Laravel Backend Developer (m/f/d)
Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org.
Autonomy and confidence in your field is expected and you are encouraged to make suggestions and take decisions. You create and maintain reliable data-centric applications with a TDD mindset that allows you and your colleagues to confidently react to evolving circumstances and requirements. You support the maintenance and/or migration of legacy systems. You confidently take ownership of an application’s lifecycle from the initial design to operation in production and are comfortable to take responsibility for the quality, scope, effort and timeliness of projects. You collaborate with colleagues and outsourcing partners to design and build interdependent, fault tolerant systems with clearly defined (HTTP) interfaces. You play a key role in planning projects together with the project team, project manager and stakeholders.
- Design and implement Laravel applications via TDD, with maintainability, fault tolerance and scalability in mind
- Take sole or team ownership of a project’s lifecycle from initial requirements to operation in production.
- Support the maintenance and/or migration of legacy applications
- Convert complex, high-level requirements into concrete technical specifications and estimates to support project planning and decision making
- Collaborate in specifying and implementing RESTful HTTP APIs for contract-driven interactions of internal systems or as backend for public services (e.g. https://search.gleif.org)
- Follow and help to improve established change & release processes. Promote visibility and traceability. Automate and build in quality controls.
- Provide and receive constructive feedback in technical meetings and code reviews
- Support the Software Developer Team Lead in IT and service related matters and proactively appraise them of issues/concerns regarding IT development and operational matters
Experience and competencies for success
- Fluent spoken and written English
- At least 5 years of experience with writing production-grade PHP code
- Exceptional experience with and understanding of the Laravel framework is a must
- Up-to-date knowledge of recent PHP and Laravel versions and the surrounding ecosystem
- Experience with TDD and writing unit, feature/integration and end-to-end tests
- Experience in documenting, building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Confidence to autonomously take on complex tasks and turn them into well-tested and maintainable solutions
- Experience with a collaborative git workflow, such as “git flow”
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Team spirit and good communication skills
- University degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Efficient & effective utilization of your text editor/IDE of choice
A plus would be
- Practical experience with Docker in development and production
- Ability to create GitLab CI pipelines
- Experience working with XML, XSD, XSLT
- Practical experience with processing large data sets and/or streams in a distributed fashion
- Familarity with Vue.js
- Knowledge of Solr or similar search platforms
- Exposure to ITIL or similar service management methodologies in practice
- A public GitHub profile
|Department:||IT Development & Operations|
|Reports into:||IT Developer Team Lead|
All foreign applicants from outside the EU must have a valid work permit to work in Germany.
What we offer
This is an opportunity, to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system. Compensation and benefits will be of course adequate to the position.
In addition, we provide
- Professional development
- Join and work with us in a flexible and mobile working environment
- Multicultural organization with the office directly in the city center of Frankfurt
- Open office space that facilitates & encourages collaboration; headphones allowed
- Beverages & Fresh fruit
- Subsidized gym membership
- iMac workstation with 2 displays; custom Keyboard if required
- Company iPhone & Macbook
- Casual get-togethers on sunny Friday afternoons on our spacious terrace
We look forward to your application. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please be sure to answer two questions:
- What does software engineering mean to you?
- How do you deal with uncertainty?