Head of Communications
Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org
The Head of Communications is overall responsible for GLEIF’s external corporate communications program, in cooperation with the business management and IT team. We seek an individual with the ambition and skill to manage and evolve GLEIF’s corporate communications program.
- Develop subject matter expertise and key relationships within GLEIF to facilitate communications activities
- Develop and maintain a core external messaging library for proactive and reactive communications
- Write or edit all communications copy (press releases, articles for third party media, blog entries, web and social media content, video, podcast and webinar scripts)
- Manage GLEIF’s website content and moderate social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, blog)
- Coordinate media outreach and run the press office
- Recruit and manage in-house communications staff as well as external talent (PR and digital agencies, video and podcast production companies, translation agency)
- Assess impact of – and evolve – PR strategy based on measurable key performance indicators
- Design and implement policies governing corporate communications and coordinate internal approval processes across the organization
- Coordinate the online and social media monitoring program
- Provide reporting on GLEIF communications including press clippings
- Support the CEO and business management as a senior representative in all communications related activities
- Manage the communications budget
- Proactively apprise the CEO of issues/concerns regarding communications matters
Experience and competencies for success
- University degree in a relevant field
- Strong communications skills with at least 6+ years of experience in similar functions; practical PR experience is highly preferred
- Experience in a multi-national, multi-cultural corporation
- Detailed knowledge of regulations/implications for the financial services industry
- Working experience in the financial industry, with a data provider or in the IT business is a plus
- Exceptional personal skills including social competency, strong cross-functional communication and people skills
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic work environment
- High energy and to be engaged both inside and outside of normal business hours
- Fluent spoken and written English (native speaker or equivalent)
All foreign applicants from outside the EU must have a valid work permit to work in Germany.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated new team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system. Compensation and benefits will be of course adequate to the position.
We look forward to your application. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest to email@example.com.