Head of Data Quality Management
Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org
The Head of Data Quality Management is overall responsible for the GLEIF’s LEI data management and Global LEI System data quality assurance. We seek an individual with the ambition and skill to manage a successful data quality management function and the responsibility for a small team. Strong communication skills and a profound background as data quality manager, data analyst or statistician is key to success. Our focus is on accuracy and continuous improvement with a passion for problem solving. The candidate should have a desire to make an impact, to connect with stakeholders throughout the company to generate understanding, and to suggest actions based on data analysis.
- Responsible for the data quality of LEI and LEI Reference Data available on GLEIF’s website and the monitoring of data quality delivered by each LEI issuing organization.
- Supervise the continuous improvement of the data quality management framework.
- Manage the data quality management budget.
- Manage data quality management projects and report on delivery of scope, quality and time.
- Ensure proper communication with LEI issuing organizations in close cooperation with GLEIF’s Business Operations.
- Partner with the GLEIF management team to ensure appropriate communication of data quality and related matters to outside stakeholders.
- Monitor data exceptions and proactively apprise the GLEIF CEO of issues/concerns regarding data quality management matters. Analyze large, complex datasets and present your analysis results.
- Leverage data analyses to identify, quantify and influence high data quality.
- Develop metrics and management reports.
- Define and implement new or changed data quality services as Service Owner.
Experience and competencies for success
- Experience in a multi-national, multi-cultural corporation
- Strong leadership skills with at least 6+ years of experience in managing the implementation of a data quality management framework
- University degree in Applied Computer Science, Physics, or similar required
- Technical understanding of data formats and related algorithms is a must
- Conceptual and analytical skills as well as a quick perception and the ability to explain and present complex topics to all stakeholder groups
- Exceptional personal skills including social competency, strong cross-functional communication and people skills
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic work environment
- High energy and available to be engaged both inside and outside of normal business hours
- Fluent spoken and written English
||Data Quality Management
All foreign applicants from outside the EU must have a valid work permit to work in Germany.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated new team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system. Compensation and benefits will be of course adequate to the position.
We look forward to your application. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest to email@example.com.
How an LEI can help your business get fit for the future
- Improved risk management.
- Increased operational efficiency.
- More accurate calculation of exposures.
- Simplified regulatory reporting.
- Ensured counterparties for any business process.
- Unique counterparty identification globally.
Follow five easy steps to apply for an LEI number
- Review your LEI requirements.
- Explore your LEI issuer's website of choice.
- Provide your 'business card' information.
- Verify and submit your LEI request.
- Make payment.