Service Desk Agent
Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org
The Service Desk Agent provides first line service support to the public for all of GLEIF’s services. This role is responsible for the quality, scope, effort, and timeliness of initial responses to all enquiries received at the Service Desk.
- Give pre-authorized standard responses on an agreed range of topics as well as help maintain a listing of standard questions and responses that is accessible internally to GLEIF personnel
- Gain and keep updated an overall basic knowledge of the Global LEI System and GLEIF´s service provision processes and infrastructures to accurately perform first analysis of issues and incidents
- Direct enquirers to more appropriate sources of information whenever necessary
- Escalate complex enquiries in line with GLEIF policies and procedures
- Collaborate with IT, Service Management and Business Operations teams to develop new standard responses to queries, update existing knowledge base and extended user documentation
- Work together with the Incident and Request Fulfillment Process Manager and participate in process quality circles
- Proactively apprise the IT, Service Management and Business Operations teams of trending topics and additions or changes to the listing of standard questions and responses
- Maintain a consistently professional, calm and polite tone in all communications with the public
Experience and competencies for success
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Services Management or a comparable qualification combined with technical/professional training
- At least 2 years of experience in first level IT or information service support
- Experience with Incident and Request Fulfillment processes (ITIL) advantageous
- Ideally good understanding of internal content/knowledge management systems and documentation/technical authoring tools and practices
- Experience and general understanding of data, information services (operation and service transition) and interpreting business process documentation
- Fast learner with high level of curiosity and ability to research independently, find information and make connections between apparently unrelated issues on his/her own
- Ability to escalate non-standard issues and follow a consistent message to provide reliable answers
- Strong costumer focus, perseverance and desire to provide relevant, accurate information consistently to all enquirers
- Team spirit and good communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English, additional language skills welcome
||IT Development & Operations
||Head of IT Development & Operations
||Part-time (20 hours/week)
All foreign applicants from outside the EU must have a valid work permit to work in Germany.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated new team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system. Compensation and benefits will be of course adequate to the position.
How an LEI can help your business get fit for the future
- Improved risk management.
- Increased operational efficiency.
- More accurate calculation of exposures.
- Simplified regulatory reporting.
- Ensured counterparties for any business process.
- Unique counterparty identification globally.
Follow five easy steps to apply for an LEI number
- Review your LEI requirements.
- Explore your LEI issuer's website of choice.
- Provide your 'business card' information.
- Verify and submit your LEI request.
- Make payment.