Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org
The Software Developer creates data centric infrastructure and applications to provide GLEIF’s services, together with the IT organization, outsourcing partners and in line with GLEIF policies and procedures. This individual is responsible for the quality, scope, effort, and timeliness of his/her deliverables.
- Technical design and implementation of data-centric software infrastructure and applications within related projects
- High quality software implementation and execution of software quality assurance measures
- Software error analysis and correction for ongoing operations
- Collaboration with product/web designers, project managers and other developers
- Documentation of implemented software and the development process
- Work in compliance with all GLEIF and other relevant IT policies and procedures, where applicable
- Develop IT utilities and technical standards in cooperation with the Head of IT Development & Operations, the GLEIF team, and related external partners
- Work with outsourcing partners regarding external IT infrastructure and interfaces
- Support the Head of IT Development & Operations in IT and service related matters
- Proactively apprise the Head of IT Development & Operations of issues/concerns regarding IT development and/or operational matters
Experience and competencies for success
- At least 3+ years of experience with professional software development for complex web applications, university degree in Computer Science or similar preferred
- Profound expertise with PHP web frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony
- Experience and understanding of API design, database design and development (e.g. MySQL) as well as utilization of ORMs
- Knowledge of a modern web technology stack (frontend and backend)
- Familiarity with feature-rich frontend web applications utilizing frameworks (e.g. vue, react)
- Structured and streamlined approach to software development by utilizing common design patterns, OO, UML, testing, task automation and additional appropriate tools to facilitate software quality and maintainability
- Know-how of security best practices and defensive programming
- Familiarity with Linux command line, knowledge of Python a plus
- Expertise in utilizing the GIT version control system in a team
- Very good analytical thinking and understanding of processes
- Team spirit and good communication skills
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic work environment
- Fluent spoken and written English, additional language skills advantageous
|Department:||IT Development & Operations|
|Reports into:||Head of IT Development & Operations|
All foreign applicants from outside the EU must have a valid work permit to work in Germany.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated new team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system. Compensation and benefits will be of course adequate to the position.
We look forward to your application. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.