Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org
The System Administrator will operate and support the GLEIF web development environment and production in line with GLEIF policies and procedures. The individual will stand in for the Intranet Administrator and will take care of the corporate IT in this role. The individual is responsible for the quality, scope, effort, and timeliness of provided services. The GLEIF organization has been founded in June 2014 and is in start-up mode. We seek an individual with the ambition and skill to work in a highly motivated new team.
- Technical Management of web applications and infrastructure
- Maintenance of web development, testing, and QA environments
- Investigation and solving of technical issues
- Design, implementation and continuous improvement of monitoring strategies to ensure the health and stability of web services and sites, also for external IT services
- Ensure and maintain IT security of GLEIF systems
- Create and maintain technical documentation of configurations and procedures
- Support hot-fixes and major releases to production
- Collaborate with project managers and developers
- Provide direct support to Web Developers and IT staff
- Work with outsourcing and cloud partners regarding external IT infrastructure and interfaces
- Work in compliance with all GLEIF and other relevant IT policies and processes, where applicable
- Develop IT utilities in cooperation with the Head of IT Development & Operations, the GLEIF team, and related external partners
- Proactively and looking ahead planning of system setups to ensure operation and service quality as well as apprising the Head of IT Development & Operations of issues/concerns regarding IT development and/or operational matters
- Stand in for the GLEIF Intranet Administrator
Experience and competencies for success
- At least 3+ years of experience with professional systems operating in LAMP stack environments (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP or related technologies)
- Excellent Linux command line skills including a scripting language
- Knowledge in networking, MySQL, Apache, and Windows servers
- Basic Java/Tomcat configuration knowledge
- Good understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, load balancing, and server virtualization
- Knowledge of security principles and best practices
- Experience in utilizing version control systems (preferably GIT) in a team
- Basic Microsoft Windows knowledge (Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory)
- Very good analytical thinking and understanding of processes
- University degree in Computer Science or similar preferred
- Possessing team spirit and good communication skills
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic work environment
- Fluent spoken and written English
||IT Development & Operations
||Head of IT Development & Operations
All foreign applicants from outside the EU must have a valid work permit to work in Germany.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated new team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system. Compensation and benefits will be of course adequate to the position.
We look forward to your application. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest to email@example.com. Compensation and benefits will be adequate to the position.
How an LEI can help your business get fit for the future
- Improved risk management.
- Increased operational efficiency.
- More accurate calculation of exposures.
- Simplified regulatory reporting.
- Ensured counterparties for any business process.
- Unique counterparty identification globally.
Follow five easy steps to apply for an LEI number
- Review your LEI requirements.
- Explore your LEI issuer's website of choice.
- Provide your 'business card' information.
- Verify and submit your LEI request.
- Make payment.