Working Student / Intern - Data Scientist (f/m/d)
Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation
(GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and use of the Legal
Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing organizations, to provide
trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity identification worldwide. GLEIF
services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI System and facilitate making the LEI a
broad public good available on our website. As a result, the LEI remains the industry standard best
suited to providing open and reliable data for unique legal entity identification management. Learn
more at www.gleif.org.
The Data Scientist Student at the Data Quality Management and Data Science team is a combination
of a Business Analyst and Data Hacker with a passion for problem solving, a desire to make an impact
and suggest actions based on data.
We are seeking a highly motivated student to join our team, who loves using analytics and data
visualization to solve real-world problems. The description applies for a timely limited internship and
for a working student position, depending on time and availability.
- Support the team in developing a robust data quality monitoring and reporting system
- Conduct researches about business requirements to support the development of standards
- Analyze large and complex datasets, develop new metrics and support the team in the
presentation of the results
- Develop supporting solutions used by other GLEIF work units
Experience and competencies for success
- You are studying in a quantitative field with focus on data analytics, such as (economic) computer
science, data science, physics, mathematics or similar
- Strong technical skills regarding data analysis, statistics and programming
- Strong working knowledge of Python, SQL, and/or R
- Some knowledge and/or experience of PHP Laravel is a plus
- Analytical thinking and attention to details
- Practical experience solving real-world problems using data mining techniques and statistical
rigor is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
|Department:||Data Quality Management and Data Science|
|Reports into:||Head of Data Quality Management and Data Science|
All foreign applicants from outside the EU must have a valid work permit to work in Germany.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and other
industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the foundation, its
partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated team with the mission to
successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system.
We look forward to your application in English. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest