Business Development Manager – China (m/f/d)
Established by the Financial Stability Board in June 2014, the Global Legal Entity Identifier
Foundation (GLEIF) is a not-for-profit organization created to support the implementation and
use of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). GLEIF manages a network of partners, the LEI issuing
organizations, to provide trusted services and open, reliable data for unique legal entity
identification worldwide. GLEIF services ensure the operational integrity of the Global LEI
System and facilitate making the LEI a broad public good available on our website. As a
result, the LEI remains the industry standard best suited to providing open and reliable data
for unique legal entity identification management. Learn more at www.gleif.org.
The Business Development Manager - China will establish and manage relationships with
targeted financial institutions, data vendors, technology companies, associations and
governmental agencies to develop and promote the use of the LEI in China. We seek a
business-oriented individual with experience working in an international environment and
managing relations with a diverse group of organizations. The Business Development
Manager - China should be a self-starter and comfortable working remotely with other
colleagues at GLEIF. The Business Development Manager - China will have the opportunity
to play a founding role in establishing GLEIF within China.
- Work with the GLEIF Head of Business Development for Asia Region to develop and
implement the go-to-market strategy for the targeted jurisdiction and sectors.
- Establish and maintain key contact lists of the targeted organizations to promote LEI
adoption and renewal in the targeted jurisdiction
- Act as the primary interface between the targeted organizations and GLEIF.
- Present and promote the LEI’s value, arrange and manage follow up calls and meetings
- Prepare regular status reports and metrics regarding the engagement for the GLEIF
Head of Business Development for Asia Region
- Define and establish communications channels and appropriate approaches to increase
market awareness of the LEI.
- Manage the GLEIF communications with external parties including reviews of
communications content and strategy (e.g., social media, press releases, etc.)
- Assist with technical communications
- Monitor relevant legal or political trends for the business development initiatives in the
- Prepare public consultation responses in collaboration with GLEIF Policy Research
Strategic Thinking & Leadership
- Develop local network to facilitate LEI adoption and education
- Implement plans for business development initiatives along GLEIF’s growth strategy
- Collaborate with GLEIF’s key stakeholders locally and other GLEIF business units
- Contribute to the continuing improvement of documents and standards governing the
GLEIF’s relationships through best practice recommendations
Experience and competencies for success
- Experience in an international and/or multi-cultural organization
- Familiarity with the operational and organizational environment of financial institutions
and related sectors such as trade finance or digital transformation in the targeted
- Familiarity with the regulatory landscape in financial industry or other relevant industries
in the targeted jurisdiction
- Strong self-starter skills with at least 5+ years of experience in a relevant function in the
- High energy, flexibility, ability to work in a dynamic environment and to be engaged both
inside and outside of normal business hours
- University or accredited degree in finance, economics, and/or business with focus on
applied computer science is highly preferred
- Exceptional personal skills including social competency, strong teamwork skills and
cross-functional communication ability
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written Mandarin and English.
|Reports into:||Head of Business Development for Asia Region|
|Location:||Beijing, China. Expected to have some availability outside of normal local working hours – will interface with colleagues in Central European and North America east coast time zone.|
What we offer
This is an opportunity, to make an impact on the transparency of the financial services and
other industries in a not-for-profit, stable business that is committed to investing in the
foundation, its partner relationships and its employees. You will join a highly motivated new
team with the mission to successfully implement the Global Legal Entity Identifier system.
Compensation and benefits will be of course adequate to the position.
In addition we provide
- Professional development
- Flexible working hours
- Mobile work required
- Multicultural organization
- Company iPhone & Macbook & External screen
We look forward to your application. Please send your résumé alongside a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.