- Access and Use LEI Data
- Level 1 Data: Who is Who
- Level 2 Data: Who Owns Whom
- LEI ROC Policy on Level 2 Data
- Global LEI Index
- LEI Statistics
- Download Global LEI System Business Reports
- LEI Search
- How to Use the LEI Search
- GLEIF Concatenated Files
- About the Concatenated Files
- Download the Concatenated Files
- LEI Issuers: Original Sources
- Preview of GLEIF Golden Copy and Delta Files
- Download the Preview GLEIF Golden Copy and Delta Files
- GLEIF LEI Look-up API
- Access the API
- LEI Mapping
- Download BIC-to-LEI Relationship Files
- GLEIF Data Quality Management
- About the Data Quality Reports
- Download Global LEI Data Quality Reports
- Global LEI Data Quality Reports Archive
- Download LEI Issuer Data Quality Reports
- LEI Issuer Data Quality Reports Archive
- Questions and Answers
- Supporting Documents
- Challenge LEI Data
- Questions and Answers
- Email Notifications on Technical Updates
Download the Preview GLEIF Golden Copy and Delta Files
The Golden Copy Files, published for public preview by the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF), provide information on Legal Entity Identifiers (LEIs) and related reference data in a ready-to-use format that will ensure:
- Data does not contain technical duplicates.
- All LEIs ever published in a GLEIF Golden Copy File version as well as all new LEIs published by the LEI issuers since the previous release of a Golden Copy File are included in the file.
- Enriched reference data provides deeper insight into the global market place.
GLEIF issues three sets of Golden Copy Files daily. With each updated version of the Golden Copy Files, GLEIF also makes available four delta files. The delta files identify only newly issued LEIs and / or revisions to an LEI’s reference data historically reported in a Golden Copy File published either:
- Eight hours earlier.
- 24 hours earlier.
- Seven days earlier.
- One month (31 days) earlier.
For detailed information, including the aspects that distinguish the GLEIF Golden Copy Files from the GLEIF Concatenated Files, refer to this dedicated website page: Preview of GLEIF Golden Copy and Delta Files.
GLEIF invites LEI data users to email feedback on the Golden Copy Files to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 April 2018. The files will evolve to ensure alignment with user requirements.
The GLEIF Golden Copy Files, which are available for download, include specific information on LEI records based on the relevant Common Data File (CDF) format.
- Level 1 LEI-CDF Version 2.1 Golden Copy File: Learn more
The Level 1 LEI-CDF Version 2.1 Golden Copy File contains Level 1 data, i.e. LEI records and related reference data that provide information on who is who, for the complete LEI population based on the LEI-CDF format version 2.1.
- Level 2 Relationship Record (RR) CDF Golden Copy File: Learn more
In May 2017, the process of enhancing the LEI data pool, by including Level 2 data to answer the question of ‘who owns whom’, began. Specifically, legal entities that have or acquire an LEI will report their ‘direct accounting consolidating parent’ as well as their ‘ultimate accounting consolidating parent’. The Level 2 RR-CDF Golden Copy File contains the Level 2 data based on the RR-CDF format. It allows the identification of the direct and ultimate parents of a legal entity whose direct and ultimate parents have an LEI. It is important to note that the information included in the Level 2 RR-CDF Golden Copy File does not yet cover the complete LEI population for the following reason: The collection and validation of Level 2 data by the LEI issuing organizations for LEIs that existed prior to May 2017 takes place with the annual renewal of the LEI. Renewal means that the reference data connected to an LEI is re-validated annually by the managing LEI issuer against a third party source. It is expected that Level 2 data for the complete LEI population will be available during the first half of 2018, i.e. towards the end of the one-year renewal cycle after the date when collection of Level 2 data started.
- Level 2 Reporting Exceptions Golden Copy File: Learn more
In May 2017, the process of enhancing the LEI data pool, by including Level 2 data to answer the question of ‘who owns whom’, began. Specifically, legal entities that have or acquire an LEI will report their ‘direct accounting consolidating parent’ as well as their ‘ultimate accounting consolidating parent’. Exceptions are reported based on the Reporting Exceptions format. Exceptions include: The LEI registrant has no parent entity; the child legal entity opts out of reporting for exceptional reasons; the direct and ultimate parents of the LEI registrant do not have an LEI. As is the case with the Level 2 RR-CDF Golden Copy File (see above), the content of the Level 2 Reporting Exceptions Golden Copy File will be gradually enhanced and should be completed during the first half of 2018, as LEI issuing organizations collect Level 2 information for LEIs that were issued prior to May 2017, during the one-year renewal cycle.
If you find something you wish to question, you may submit a challenge to any LEI data record through GLEIF’s central challenge facility.
Please address questions on the Golden Copy Files and delta files to email@example.com.