Global LEI Index
The Global Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) Index contains historical and current LEI records including related reference data in one authoritative, central repository. The reference data provides the information on a legal entity identifiable with an LEI. The Global LEI Index is the only global online source that provides open, standardized and high quality legal entity reference data. Interested parties can easily access and search the complete LEI data pool using the web-based LEI search tool developed by the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF). The information made available with the Global LEI Index is currently based on the data included with the Level 1 LEI-Common Data File Format Version 1.0 Concatenated File.
The Global LEI Index brings efficiency, transparency and trust to legal entity identification. Backed by the LEI Regulatory Oversight Committee, it is the only online source with the potential to capture any entity engaging in financial transactions globally, regardless of who generates these transactions. In partnership with the LEI issuing organizations, GLEIF provides in-depth knowledge of local markets and can be relied on to make the correct information available year after year.
You can access the LEI data online:
- Search, filter, compare records and download your search results. Use the LEI search tool to download a subset or complete set of current LEI data in CSV or Excel format for use in a spreadsheet program.
- Update your database or analyze the complete set of LEI data. Download the GLEIF Concatenated File in zipped XML format for advanced users.
This supports a multitude of applications, for example in:
- Risk management.
- Compliance management.
- Client relationship management.
- Data management.
Among other benefits, the Global LEI Index enables:
- Clear and unique identification of legal entities participating in financial transactions, e.g. counterparty identification, by searching for an entity’s name to check its LEI and related reference data.
- Identification of client exposure through linking internal information with LEI data.
- Analysis of underlying and external exposures, e.g. reference names in collateralized debt obligations, mutual funds or vendor products.
- Onboarding of new clients through fast access to business card information.
- Resolution of conflicts that may arise from outdated client data in global asset servicing, accounting, compliance, risk and financial reporting.
Taking advantage of the Global LEI Index empowers the wider business community including data suppliers and their customers, software providers, vendors and fintech organizations to cut costs, simplify and accelerate operations and gain deeper insight into the global market place – learn more.
Comments or questions on the Global LEI Index are invited by email to email@example.com.
The centralized challenge facility made available by GLEIF extends the ability to trigger updates of LEI data to all interested parties.