GLEIF Blogging Policy
The Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF), a not-for-profit organization incorporated and registered under the laws of Switzerland, whose headquarters are located at Bäumleingasse 22, 4051 Basel, Switzerland, is the operator of the GLEIF website at www.gleif.org (the "Website"). The Website includes discussion forums and blogging services that allow interaction between users and between users and the GLEIF (we call these "Forums") by commenting on and engaging in discussions regarding various topics. We call the information posted to these Forums by users "User Content".
GLEIF offers these Forums to you subject to the terms and conditions of use ("Terms") contained herein, which you must comply with if you wish to view or participate in a Forum. By accessing or contributing to any Forum you agree to abide by these Terms, so please read them carefully before doing so.
2. Cautions regarding contents of the Forums and other users
The Forums contain User Content submitted by users over whom GLEIF has no control, and some users may not behave properly and may post User Content that is misleading, deceptive, untrue, in error or offensive. We cannot therefore guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any User Content, neither do we endorse any recommendation or opinion made by any user. You are responsible for your own decisions and for properly analyzing and verifying any information you intend to rely upon.
Any agreements, transactions or other arrangements made between you and any third party named on (or linked to from) the Forums are your sole risk and responsibility.
3. Grant of rights and representations by you
If you upload, post or submit any User Content on a Forum, you represent to us that you have all the necessary legal rights to upload, post or submit such User Content and it will not violate any law or the rights of any person.
You will retain ownership of the copyright in any of your User Content that you or we publish on our Website so you are free to re-use it as you wish. You agree that if you post User Content to a Forum then you are granting the GLEIF a right (but not an obligation) unlimited in time to publish, re-use, archive, modify or delete User Content in whole or in part as we see fit, whether on our Website or otherwise, without any requirement to pay you for this and with or without attribution to you. This means that you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable licence to copy, transmit, excerpt, publish, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or otherwise use any User Content you publish in whole or in part in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever and without further obligation to you. Insofar you also transfer any moral rights that you may have in regard to the User Content and waive the assertion of claims from any violation of these rights.
You are solely responsible for all the content of any of your User Content that you or we publish. You are responsible to GLEIF (and agree to hold harmless and indemnify GLEIF and its directors, officers, employees and agents and the contributors to the Forums or any of them) for any claim or demand against us by any third party for damages or costs or any loss of any kind caused by your use of the Forums to the extent that such use is not in accordance with these Terms.
4. Rules of conduct
We want everyone to benefit from the Forums and therefore request that you contribute thoughtful and sincere comments and content. However, there are certain mandatory rules of conduct that each person participating in the Forums must comply with:
- You must use your actual first and last name when posting any comments or participating in any discussions. Of course, you may not represent that you are any other person, whether real or invented, or imply any connection with any person or organization with which you are not in fact associated, and you shall not disguise the origin of any User Content and not impersonate any person or entity (including GLEIF employees or Forum guests or hosts). Anonymous posts will be removed.
- You must demonstrate appropriate respect for other users. Like any community, the online conversation flourishes only when all users feel welcome and safe. You agree not to use language that abuses or discriminates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, disability, etc. Hate speech of any kind, swear words or other language likely to offend is grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the Forums. If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to challenge that opinion with a posting of your own. You must not personally attack any other user, and you will not stalk or harass another user. You shall not post, link to or otherwise publish any User Content that is threatening, abusive, libelous, indecent, obscene, that invades another individual's privacy or proprietary rights, that describes or encourages activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others or that is otherwise unlawful.
- You may only publish User Content that is your original content and will not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party when publishing User Content.
- You must stay on topic, i.e. you shall not post or otherwise publish any User Content unrelated to the Forum or the Forum’s topic.
- You shall not collect or store other users’ personal data.
- You will not upload, post or submit or otherwise make available any content that contains links to web sites with objectionable, offensive or unlawful content or to web sites that present access or safety problems (such as pay-to-view or other subscription sites or 18+ sites), comments in all capital letters, all bold or all italic or objectionable avatars.
- You shall not post, link to or otherwise publish any User Content containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication.
- You shall not post, link to or otherwise publish any User Content with recommendations to buy or not buy a particular share or other investment or which contain confidential information of another party or which otherwise have the purpose of affecting the price or value of any share or other investment.
- You shall not post or transmit any User Content that contains software viruses, Trojan horses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of our website or any computer software or equipment.
- You shall not restrict or inhibit any other user from using the Forums.
5. Monitoring of the Forums
We reserve the right to edit, modify or remove any User Content that, in our sole discretion, is potentially misleading, untrue, offensive, unlawful, infringes third party rights or is potentially in breach of these Terms (and in particular the rules of conduct listed under 4 above), from the Forums at any time without notice. If you believe that any User Content published on our Website infringes any legal rights that you may have or is not allowed under the ‘GLEIF Blogging Policy’, please notify us immediately with specific details by contacting us at email@example.com.
If any user violates any of the above rules, we reserve the right to ban that individual from further participation in the Forums.
Furthermore, we generally reserve the right to remove contents published on our website in our sole discretion, or even to stop offering the Forums altogether.
6. Modification of this Blogging Policy
GLEIF reserves the right to change, at any time, at its sole discretion, the Terms under which these Forums are offered. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms. Your continued use of and access to the Forums constitutes your agreement to all such Terms.