Download Global LEI System Business Report
The reports are derived from the Global LEI Index, which contains historical and up-to-date LEI records including related reference data in one authoritative source. The reference data provides information on a legal entity identifiable with an LEI. The Global LEI Index is the only global online source that offers open, standardized and high-quality legal entity reference data. Interested parties can access and search the complete LEI data pool using the web-based LEI search tool developed by GLEIF.
The quarterly Global LEI System Business Reports make available the following information:
- State of play of LEI issuance and LEI growth potential.
- Level of competition between LEI issuing organizations in the Global LEI System.
- LEI renewal rates.
- Percentage of Level 1 reference data corroboration. (Level 1 data provides the answer to the question of ‘who is who’).
- Statistics on Level 2 data, i.e. the reporting of parent information by legal entities. (Level 2 data provides the answer to the question of ‘who owns whom’).
The quarterly reports refer to concepts and definitions unique to the Global LEI System. To facilitate an easy understanding of the reports, we have summarized relevant concepts in the document ‘Background Information on Global LEI System Business Report’.
GLEIF also makes available the ‘Business Reporting Dictionary’, which defines formulas and algorithms used to report on the LEI activity highlighted with the quarterly reports.
Download as PDF: Business Reporting Dictionary (Version 1.5)
Download as PDF: Global LEI System Business Report (2022-01-20)
Global LEI System Business Report | Q4 2021
Any interested party can re-create the Global LEI System Business Report or metrics within this report in two easy steps:
- Download the Golden Copy file in your preferred file format.
- Reference the Business Reporting Dictionary for a business definition of each metric along with pseudo code for practical implementation.
Comments or questions on the quarterly Global LEI System Business Report are invited by email to email@example.com.