GLEIF GIFI Relationship Group
A key goal of the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF) Globally Important Financial Institutions (GIFI) Relationship Group is to build a strong relationship between GLEIF and globally important financial institutions. The GLEIF GIFI Relationship Group has been established with the following objectives in mind:
- To have an open platform that facilitates communication between GLEIF and a range of financial institutions, including global asset managers, banks, insurers, and reinsurers.
- To make it possible for the GLEIF GIFI Relationship group members to express their views on GLEIF’s existing Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) services or the developments of LEI services and to stipulate the development of additional LEI services.
- To jointly promote the LEI and related use cases.
- To make it possible for GLEIF to understand the requirements of financial institution users of LEI data.
- To exchange information and to share views on existing or upcoming initiatives in the public or private sector.
- To have an efficient means of communicating updates to the Common Data File Format and other Global LEI System standards.
The GLEIF GIFI Relationship Group is composed of representatives of large banks, global asset management firms, insurance companies, and other financial institutions who use, or plan to use, the LEI data of their customers and business partners in their transactions, products, or services.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed information on how to create business value with the LEI is available with the joint McKinsey & Company and GLEIF white paper ‘The Legal Entity Identifier: The Value of the Unique Counterparty ID’ and the GLEIF report ‘LEI in KYC: A New Future for Legal Entity Identification’.
Relevant Files for Download
Download as PDF: Terms of Reference – GLEIF GIFI Relationship Group Charter